Established in the year 2000, Chatra Ramai Pandit Mahavidyalaya is situated in the outskirts of a grove of Eucalyptus and Seal trees in the Lego Gram Panchayat in the Kotulpur Block under the Bishnupur Subdivision of the District of Bankura. The budding institution is the fruit of industry given by some local education enthusiasts who sacrificed their valuable time in raising contributions from people of various ranks and classes belonging to the locality with the aim of providing higher education to the students of a region neglected and backward, many of whom were first generation learners. The institution started in a single building with only seven students. Gradually, with aids from the State Government and local bodies the building expanded with its own laboratory and library facilities. Presently, it has an area of 11.3 acres with two separate two-storied buildings, it has a playground flanked on all sides by Eucalyptus trees.
This State Government aided institution is affiliated to the University of Burdwan and registered on 17th August, 2007 under Sections 2 (f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act of 1956.